Tongue with a Cold Sauce
1 calf tongue, salt, oil, garlic,
onion, carrot, celery, anchovies,
rosemary, 1 bay leaf, white vinegar
- Simmer the tongue in salted water with onion, carrot and celery.
- Leave it to cool and slice thinly.
- Slice the garlic very thinly with the truffle slicer, and fry it lightly in oil with the well-washed anchovies, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the finely chopped rosemary and a bay leaf, and enough vinegar to cover the tongue.
- Cool and leave aside for at least 24 hours.
- Arrange the tongue in layers on a serving plate and cover with the sauce.
- Serve cold.
(source: Famija Albeisa)